How can we help you?
Is this severance agreement fair?
Whom do I contact if my employer is doing something illegal?
How do I deal with my employer’s age discrimination?
How can I report my supervisor for making offensive sexual remarks to me without harming my future?
Health Care Employment Law is a subset of Employment Law as it applies to the medical community. The rapidly evolving health care landscape is causing a tremendous change in the industry for both health care providers and provider organizations. Whether that change involves selling a practice, adding a partner, or changing affiliations, for example, medical professionals must rely on sound legal advice from an attorney who truly understands all of the implications.
With significant experience as a hospital chief of staff, practicing physician, and attorney Sam Hoover has a deep understanding of the employment issues faced by members of the medical community.
Sam Hoover advises physicians regarding employment contracts and restrictive covenants. He litigates on their behalf to obtain relief from onerous contract terms. He also advises high-level pharmaceutical executives regarding employment contracts and severance agreements.
Medical professionals trust Sam Hoover to help them with:
- Employment contract analysis
- Analysis of severance agreements
- Non-compete agreements
- Negotiation or litigation of restrictive covenants
- Wrongful termination of employment
- Whistleblower or Qui Tam actions
- Creation of health care organizations
- Defense of peer review and license
- Medicaid and Medicare audit actions
- Federal investigations of alleged health care fraud
- HIPPA violations
- Stark and Anti-kickback defense
- Private malpractice defense counsel